'Eid Mubarak 1422 H

Well, at first, I felt guilty just to say "Ied Mubarak", while our brothers and sisters in Palestine facing eviction, robbed, bombarded by rockets, catastrophe! But soon, I saw Dr. Rania Awaad's writing on her Instagram about the most beautiful yet painful stories of a family in Gaza who lost all of their belongs and their home was demolished, but the father insisted on buying new Eid clothes and toys for his children...

"He said he wanted to teach his children that even if they lost every material thing they owned, they would never lose their faith. That they could never be robbed from Eid. He said to his kids, Allah is always there and He gave us Eid to celebrate so we must celebrate and persevere."
Same as what Dr. Rania felt, I had been feeling so unmotivated to carry on with Eid celebrations with all what is happening at al-Quds and in Palestine. Not only in Palestine, but also in Xinjiang, India, Syria, Yemen, Pattani, Afghanistan, and other places including my country itself which are in immense oppression and suffering. Then I read that story and reflected on the amazing perseverance of the Palestinian people too. A perseverance that should inspire all of us to stay firm and stay the course.

Moreover, my mother had been struggling enough with her illness. She showed a symptom of dementia. But I really hope it wasn't. That's why until now I reduce my activity. I left my whatsapp off for a while in order to be focused taking care of my mom. 

But throughout this occurrence, I feel grateful that I can reflect on myself. Alhamdulillah for everything.

Nonetheless it is with heavy hearts that we celebrate Eid while remembering all of our sisters and brothers throughout the world. Let's send our prayers and our love.



Gazan pray for 'Ied 

Celebrate at Al Aqsa Mosque

Eid celebration at Al Aqsa

(Source pict from twitter @Timesofgaza)

'Ied Mubarak 1422H

东方天空中的星星

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

North Star Journey #1 : WELCOME

pelajaran dari novel "diorama sepasang AlBnna"

Sepintas Gender, Menilik Patriarki